Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hello blogging world

This is the beginning of something I am not used to doing, journal entries. Ever since I was a kid, I could never keep a journal. Don't ask me why I just preferred to write creative stories or list of "what I want to do before I die." Amazingly, I still have one of those lists and I'd like to think I'm doing pretty well on it.

Anyway, I have to start "blogging" because, well, I've been told is the greatest thing to do! And since I am a journalist I want to post my stuff everywhere possible and receive feedback so here we are now. I will be publishing student work, anything that I get published through freelancing and of course the itty-bitty analysis on daily occurrences that make up my life.

For example, I have been in NY for a whole week, officially as of Tuesday, and I've already met 1)amazing people, 2)gotten tremendously lost, 3)found a grrrrreat Mexican restaurant, 4)lived a NYC traffic accident (photos to come), and 5)gotten a job. If there is any other city where so much can happen in a matter of days, I'd like to know where it is.

No offense to New Yorkers, I love your city, but I know that at some point I am going to feel burned out. I suppose I just have to get used to the continuous walking and expenses. Thank God I got that job! When I last lived in NY, in 2005, I didn't really get the whole experience now that I think of it. It was for a certain period of time, I only focused on my internship and I pretty much partied and went to museums. We cooked at the dorms and survived on tuna and cereal and it was still "college life." Now, although I am back in college I really am on my own. That fact got me real hard on Sunday night actually and I felt lonely.

I know that after this year I have to really focus and find "that" job that will help me keep climbing and I just don't know where I'll end up. Who knows if I'll go back to Boston, or Mexico, or stay here or go to China!? Point is, I'm really getting New York. I hope it gets me too.